Before getting in touch, please read the following frequently asked questions. If you still need help, simply drop us a line through the form below.
Any youth (ages 14-29) can write for INKspire. Your first step would be to apply as a writer here.
Head over to our publishing website to learn more about the details.
Once you submit your piece, our editors will review your work and provide feedback. Please be patient as we receive a lot of submissions and it may take us 1-2 weeks to respond to your work.
INKspire accepts a variety of content submissions. Below are some types of submissions and their general writing and formatting guidelines.
- Blog Articles: Blog articles quickly deliver a specific message to the reader, such as raising awareness for a particular issue. They are usually directed at a pre-defined audience. The style is conversational and informal.
- Feature Articles: Feature articles have a more personal voice compared to news articles. The style is narrative, descriptive, and anecdotal. But make sure your opinion does not skew the facts!
- Q&As/Interviews: Articles written from an interview should be written and formatted to be a refined revision of the oral transcript. The author has full discretion of what to include or exclude from the original interview into the final submission. However, the author may not transcribe the interview in a way that distorts the intended message of the interviewee(s). The author must provide a brief introduction to the interview.
- Creative Writing: Creative writing includes poems, short stories, personal essays, and monologues. All creative writing submissions need to be accompanied with a brief description about the work. In short, it should answer the question “What inspired you to make this piece?”.
- Artwork: Artwork includes comics and caricatures, photography, graphic illustrations, and scanned reproductions of hand-produced art. All artwork submissions need to be accompanied with a brief description about the work. In short, it should answer the question “What inspired you to make this piece”.
For more information, please consult INKspire’s Style Guide.
You can sign into your account by entering your email into our password reset form. If you still have any issue signing in, please send us an email at [email protected].
You can reach out to our event leads with the form below.